Divergent recognise that returning to school is vital for children's education and well-being and, in having read the latest government guidance, recognise that extra curricular activities and workshops are an still an important way to support cognitive and academic development. We hope that in schools re-booking our workshops in September we can help reverse the cost of missed education as well as bringing a fun and varied educational experience back to our schools.
We look forward to joining you again in September. In order to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and to keep students and staff safe, Divergent will be implementing the following:
- A thoroughly reviewed health and safety risk assessment (which can be found on our policies page.)
- When previously we have worked in groups of up to 60, groups must now remain in their learning bubbles of single class sizes or less.
- If we are working with one class/bubble for the day, the facilitator will bring in props as usual. If this is the case props may not be shared between students and will be cleaned before and after the workshop. For schools with more than one workshop in the day children will enjoy interactive role play with facilitators in role and select clean props. This will be assessed on an individual basis to avoid potential cross contamination.
- Instead of using shared spaces, such as a school hall, we would suggest visiting children in individual classrooms to minimise the need for movement around the school site. We would ask when using individual classrooms that the spaces are made as clear as possible. Alternatively workshops can take place outside, if the school site allows it.
- Divergent workshops will encourage children to perform as an individual wherever possible. When not possible Divergent staff will encourage children to avoid close face to face contact and minimise time spent within 1 metre of anyone.
- Divergent facilitators/staff will keep two meters away from adults and children wherever possible.
- Divergent facilitators/staff will clean their hands regularly, particularly after each class, after a break and before and after eating.
- Divergent will work alongside each school, agreeing to the best approaches for their individual circumstances including making each facilitator aware of the school's health and safety risk assessment.
- Any facilitator who shows signs of COVID-19, or lives in a household with signs of COVID-19, will be asked to comply with the government's track and trace policies and self isolation policies.
Please rest assured that we will be working with each individual school to make sure we comply with their COVID-19 related policies. Our top priority is to keep staff and children safe during our sessions.
We hope to be able to support you, whether covering staff absence, helping with smaller class sizes with our residency schemes, or delivering our wide range of workshops to catch children up on time missed in school and encourage creativity and fun within the curriculum. We hope to see you in the not too distant future.
Kate, Vicky and the Divergent Team